Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Got a New Toy! And I Made Herb Chicken Thighs with Latin Quinoa



I got a new toy!!!! I was at my brother's house this weekend with my grandmother and noticed that my sister-in-law was making paninis. I was very intrigued by this gadget and that's when she showed all the bells and whistles of this thing! You could take out the grill plates and replace them with flat plates...with this you could make an entire breakfast! Plus the paninis I could make with this thing are endless! So my grandmother insisted that she get one for me and herself.
Look how pretty and shiny it is! Hypnotizing isn't it?





Well I have already made breakfast and several paninis! Today I decided to make a really easy chicken recipe on the panini grill! These chicken thighs were so simple, healthy and pretty...I forgot how good grill marks look!


Herb Chicken Thighs

3 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs-All Fat Removed
1/2 a Lemon, Juiced and Zested
1/4 Cup White Wine
2 Tablespoons Parsley
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
Salt and Pepper

1. Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a blender or food processor until pureed.
2. Place chicken in a ziplock bag and pour in marinade. Let sit for a minimum of four hours.
3. Preheat your grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side.

Latin Inspired Quinoa

1 Cup Quinoa-Rinsed
2 Cups Water
1/2 Tomato, Chopped
1/2 Red Onion, Diced
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Tablespoons Cilantro, Chopped

1. Sweat onions and garlic until translucent in a bit of oil.
2. Add quinoa and coat with garlic and onions.
3. Pour in water and tomatoes and bring up to a boil.
4. Lower to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
5. Add in cilantro and fluff with a fork.

5 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

That's a nice kitchen gadget! I'm planning to buy one too!

La Bella Cooks said...

Wow, those grills are gorgeous and I was eyeing one of those in Williams-Sonoma just last week...you lucky lady!

Mary Bergfeld said...

That is an awfully nice "gadget". You are a lucky lady. I hope you have a great time using it. Enjoy the weekend. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

Congrats on your fun new toy! The chicken dish looks fantastic.

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Mila:
I love quinoa. Very few people eat and/or make it. It is so nutritious and tasty. I learned about it in the deli section of Whole Foods Market and use to buy the hot quinoa patties. Now I cook it in cold salads, patties and as a side dish. Your herbed grilled chicken with quinoa sounds delicious!!!
Take care
peace
carole