Thursday, February 26, 2009

BBQ Chicken with Oven Roasted Veggies


Aside from making really fresh and healthy foods, I have also tried to create some nice quick recipes. Things that I can marinate the night before and stick in the oven the following night. It makes my life so much easier to have something waiting for me in the fridge in a neat little plastic bag. I loved this chicken! I roasted the bone-in chicken breasts with the skin on and removed it when eating it. The chicken was unbelievably moist and juicy! I made plenty so that I can use it in salads and other dishes. Yet another time saver for me, is turning one dish into several!

BBQ Chicken with Oven Roasted Veggies

2.5 Pounds Chicken Breasts Bone-In, Skin-On
1 Cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce or Your Fave Sace
2 Garlic Cloves Minced
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
4 Large Carrots, Cut into Large Pieces on a Bias
1 Large Onion, Cut into Large Wedges
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil


1. Combine 1/2 of the BBQ Sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a bag and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees to ROAST.
3. Toss veggies with salt, pepper and a touch of olive oil.
4. Spray down a roasting pan with pan spray and place chicken on top.
5. Roast both the veggies and chicken at the same time, about 30 minutes. Use the remaining half cup of bbq sauce to baste the chicken while it's cooking so it's extra saucy!

4 comments:

Maria said...

The oven roasted veggies look amazing!

Past Expiry said...

http://pastexpiry.blogspot.com/2009/03/cartoon-chicken-soup-for-soul.html

Chicken soup themed cartoon for your blog !

Heather @ chiknpastry said...

Hi Mila! Nice recipes, and you're right - none too time-consuming. I'm a new-er blogger so I'll be checking your site for updates. Feel free to visit mine as well. Where'd you go to school? I'm in Kendall right now, part-time for the fun of it! :)

gluten free pammy said...

just found your blog, the chicken looks good