Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Grilled Veggies




So my fridge is STOCKED with boneless, skinless chicken thighs, there was a sale that I could not resist and I intend to use everything in my freezer before I go out and buy any more meat. I love using these chicken thighs because they are so tender and moist, plus they are extremely versatile. Not to mention, if you trim up all the fat, they are very healthy and nutritious.

Last night I decided to experiment with a few ideas. I love veggies but wanted to make everything on the grill. I had a few portobellos, perfect for grilling and some fresh broccoli. Now I have never grilled broccoli, but something told me it would be delicious. And sure enough the broccoli was incredible! I could have probably eaten a pound all on my own! I cut the broccoli into huge florets and seasoned them and the Portobellos with just salt and olive oil. There was no fuss and extremely easy clean-up! The broccoli retained its gorgeous green color and had this incredible smokey flavor.

As for the chi ken...it was tender...sweet...tangy...woodsy and delicious! Please enjoy! (Sorry about this....but for some reason the pictures did not come out very clear :( )

6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tsp Brown Sugar
1/2 a Lemon, juiced
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
2 Shallots, Minced (I used my microplaner for mincing the shallots as well)
2 Sticks Rosemary, Chopped


1. Combine all the ingredients except the chicken into a microwave safe container. Place into the microwave for 30 seconds...just enough for the sugar to melt.
2. Pour marinade onto chicken and marinade for at least 30 minutes. Grill on high for 5 minutes per side and enjoy!

*I wanted to include nutritional information in my recipes from now on for anyone who is health concious like me :)


Nutrition Facts

6 Servings

Amount Per Serving 1 Thigh

Calories 97.1

Total Fat 2.7 g

Saturated Fat 0.7 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7 g

Monounsaturated Fat 0.8 g

Cholesterol 57.3 mg

Sodium 513.7 mg

Potassium 194.5 mg

Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g

Dietary Fiber 0.1 g

Sugars 0.1 g

Protein 14.2 g

7 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

These look amazing, Mila. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the nutritional information.

Pam said...

I am so trying this recipe tonight! Looks and sounds fantastic.

NKP said...

Great score on the chicken sale! That's how we shop too, thank heavens for freezers.
Your chicken dish sounds heavenly, I love balsamic vinegar.

♥peachkins♥ said...

Wow! yummy chicken recipe!!!

Maria said...

Love rosemary! Great meal!

Karine said...

MmM balsamic vinegar.. the marinade looks yummy!

avesta said...

I love using chicken thighs....my mother always used them when I was growing up...so much more flavorful and juicy than breasts!!!