Monday, December 29, 2008

Not So Green, Green Beans

I love green beans but I think that somewhere along the line, they been given a bad name. Maybe because people associate them with those disgusting looking brown things they always see at buffets. YUCK!
Well these green beans not called "not so green" because of the color you can be sure of that! By "not so green" I mean that they aren't quite as healthy as they should be. The addition of sauteed bacon and shallots makes this old veggie a huge crowd pleaser! I often find that the guys are usually the ones that don't eat the veggies. But as soon as they all heard BACON, they attacked the green beans!
This recipe was actually requested by me cousin, so here you go!


Not So Green, Green Beans


1 Bag of Trader Joes Frozen Green Beans
7 shallots, sliced
8 slice of bacon, cut into small pieces
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper

1. Place bacon pieces into pan and sautee to render fat.
2. Once fat has rendered, remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and add in shallots. Sautee on medium high heat, until golden brown and soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Add green beans and cooked bacon pieces. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
*If you are making this ahead of time like I did. Do steps 1 and 2 and then put it in the fridge. Once you are ready, throw them in the pan, add green beans and they will taste like you have been slaving at them all day!*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mila!
I finally made the green beans! I had to make some substitutions but they came out delicious!